Friday, October 10, 2008

Featured Seller - Second Sister

To steal a great idea from a friend, every Friday I'll be featuring a seller drawn at random from anyone who left a comment during the week! This week, it's Second Sister, a maker of stunning jewelry, out of Southern California. You can also find her at www.suaviloquy.blogspot.com.



I love these earrings, which are named after Parley's Canyon. Second Sister says this is one of the most beautiful canyons in the world, especially when it lights up with the sunset. I think these earrings live up to their namesake.



I'm not religious, but I do have a bit of a thing for crosses. My father's family is Cajun, and rosaries and other cross jewelry were a part of the landscape growing up, and the attraction remained. Maybe it's because they were Catholic but my mother's family raised us Protestant. I don't know! At any rate, I have a bit of a fascination with religious iconography. And this piece is a real work of art, with pearl and tourmaline strung to accent the garnet cross.



Religious iconography not quite your cup of tea? Check out this charming pendant, in one of my favorite color combinations (even if it is a bit trendy, I know) - cherry red / robin's egg blue. Love it.

Remember, I'll be featuring a different seller each Friday, chosen at random from that week's comments! XOXX!!

No comments: